About Forrest Lance Plesko
An Artist’s Journey
Overcoming obstacles in the path of creativity is an important part of reaching my final artistic destination. My work is a journey of exploration and discovery with success and failure equally experienced. Each painting begins as a quest to arrive at a preconceived conclusion. But, often, I use the lessons I learn along the way to reach an unexpected and more rewarding painting than I had originally imagined.
I have been an artist my entire life and currently paint full time. I have worked in graphic design, illustration and cartoons, selling work to Saturday Evening Post, Reader’s Digest, TV Guide, Esquire, Omni and many more publications. As a graphic designer at Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publications I designed layouts, created and illustrated cover designs, directed photo shoots and illustrated feature articles. Throughout my professional career, I also taught drawing, portfolio development, graphic design and illustration.
Select Awards & Achievements
- Peoples’ Choice Award: Littleton Fine Arts Guild. Beyond Unusual. CO. 2017
- 3rd Place: Littleton Fine Arts Guild Plein Air Festival. CO. 2015.
- First Place: Three Dimensional Sculpture. High Desert Cultural Arts Foundation. CA. 1997
- Community Award: Presidio Arts Festival at Jess Ranch, CA. 1995
- First Place: Moreno Valley Art Association Annual Festival of the Arts. CA. 1995
- Distinguished Achievement Award For Excellence in Educational Journalism, Educational Press Association of America. 1989
- Certificate of Appreciation for Illustrating the Earthquake Curriculum Project, Federal Emergency Management Agency. 1988
- Permanent Collection. Mt. San Jacinto Community College, CA.
- Permanent Collection. Arthur Kruk Gallery, University of Wisconsin, Superior.
- Littleton Fine Arts Guild
- Art Students League of Denver
- Heritage Fine Arts Guild of Arapahoe County
- Parker Artists Guild
Please visit the home page and scroll down to view my artwork as organized by theme.